Shoprite Software Engineering Apprenticeship Programme 2024
- Participate in cross-functional, agile software development teams.
- Work closely with Senior and Lead Software Developers/Engineers.
- Assist in the design, development, and testing of software applications.
- Continuously learn, improve, innovate, and optimize software solutions.
- Utilize technological resources to create solutions using coding techniques and methodologies.
- Apply software development standards and best practices.
- Maintain and support existing software applications.
- Collaborate with IT and business teams to integrate software solutions.
- Participate in Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC).
- Stay updated on emerging software development principles, designs, technologies, and coding standards.
- Actively participate in Software Development Community of Practice sessions.
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, IT, or a related field. Alternatively, in the final year of a relevant qualification.
- Exposure to distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases (SQL, MySQL).
- Proficiency in one or more high-level programming languages (e.g., C#, Java, Python, Golang, C++, PHP).
- Exposure to OOP and SOLID programming or design principles.
- Familiarity with software development tools (e.g., Git, JIRA) and Agile methodologies.
- Exposure to Linux and Microsoft Operating systems and scripting (Bash or PowerShell).
- Knowledge of cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer systems savvy, with a basic understanding of key IT concepts and hardware, programming languages, operating systems, and network technologies.
- High level of self-motivation and goal-oriented.
- Curious and eager to learn, actively seeking new knowledge and skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts to various stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and innovation in problem-solving.
- Proficiency in using data to investigate problems, detect patterns, and extrapolate insights.
- Staying updated on the latest research and developments in the field.
- Integrity and accountability for actions and mistakes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here to apply for the Shoprite Software Engineering Apprenticeship Programme 2024.