Dis-Chem Pharmacies is currently accepting applications for Learnership Opportunities for the 2023 / 2024 intake. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience and enhancing your skills in the pharmaceutical industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Pure Mathematics 50%, Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
To apply for this learnership opportunity, you must have completed a proficiency test that approves you for registration with the Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a learner basic assistant. As a registered pharmacist’s assistant in the category of learner basic, you will be working under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy. Your responsibilities may include:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assisting with the compounding, manipulation, or preparation of non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to approved formulas and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assisting with the unpacking, merchandising, and cleaning of the dispensary and OTC shelves.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Dispensary Manager.
- Accurately interpreting scripts and acting in accordance with legal requirements and the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensuring accurate picking, packing, labeling, and checking of medications.
- Assisting in the control of stock and managing cleanliness and organization of shelves and medicine expiry dates.
- Following up with patients regarding script tracking report and appointments.
- Assisting with call center scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Providing information to individuals to promote health.
- Assisting with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS, and oncology medication.
- Reporting low stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receiving dispensary stock in accordance with the company’s SOP.
- Proficiency in English and a second language (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Time management, deadline-driven, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, customer service-focused, problem-solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy, and honest.
- Proficiency in computer and numerical skills.
- Experience in retail FMCG, specifically Dis-Chem front shop.
- Knowledge in drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Proficiency in Unisolv, SAP, and E-Scripting.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Successful completion of a proficiency test to assess capability for registration with the Pharmacy Council.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must have a clear criminal and credit record (MIE).
Remuneration and Benefits:
The remuneration and benefits for this learnership opportunity will be disclosed to successful applicants during the interview process.
How to apply: