Fidelity Services Group
SIGNAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
Overall purpose of the job: To visit some of the most problematic alarm systems the industry has to offer and utilise your skills and expertise in order to provide the customer with the best possible solution, for their given circumstances.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- PSIRA registration
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Technical experience
- Fault finding capabilities with experience including, but not limited to, IDS and DSC alarm panels.
- Matrix from a Technical High School preferred.
- Tertiary qualification in electronics / electronic engineering preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consult with the customer in order to understand his/her requirements pertaining to the performance and protection offered by the alarm system.
- Review how the existing system fulfils these requirements and what the current shortcomings are.
- Identify the root causes of false alarm activations.
- Present a solution to the customer in order to:
- Meet the business objectives to reduce false alarm rates.
- Meet the customer requirements pertaining to the performance and protection offered by the alarm system.
- Agree the solutions and next steps with the customer.
- Provide advice and guidance to the customer on how new technologies and/or equipment might enhance or improve their existing solution/s.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed accurately, neatly and in full.
- Uphold customer satisfaction through diligent attendance to scheduled customer appointments. – Never be late.
- Present customers with detailed written quotations, outlining not only what needs to be done, but also why it important.
- Accurate stock and inventory management.
- Implement the specified solution as agreed with the customer on quotation acceptance.
- Ensure that service standards are upheld:
- Check battery on every site
- Test signals on every call
- Proper fault finding
- Neat and straight wiring
- Correct programming
- Correct placement of equipment
- No over or under charging
- Own the customer up until the false alarm situation has been resolved.
- Handling of classified information
- Completion of Case Studies to serve as training material for up & coming technicians.
- Teach, coach and mentor wireman and assistant technicians from time to time.
- Teach, coach and mentor overactive coordinators to provide more detailed information upfront leading into a technical visit.
- Results Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Functional Technical Capabilities
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Builds Integrity and Trust
- Able to Inspire and Influence.
To apply for this job please visit fidelityservicesgroup.simplify.hr.