CLS Human Capital Specialists
Medical and Financial Administrator
An esteemed cardiologist in the East of Pretoria is seeking a Medical and Financial Administrator to join his well-established practice.
To manage the financial and administrative affairs of the practice and its sister company, a property management company.
Education and Qualification Requirements
Minimum education (essential)
- National Senior Certificate
Minimum education (desirable)
- Financial or administrative qualification
Minimum applicable experience (years)
- 6-10 years
Required nature of experience
- Medical administration or billing
Skills and Knowledge (essential)
- Microsoft Office (Intermediate Excel skills)
- Ability to work in a team
Skills and Knowledge (desirable)
- Practice Management software experience
- General office and financial administration
- IT competency
- Ability to liaise with providers
- To efficiently operate, maintain & manage the intra-office financial and filing system as well as the management of practice creditors.
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly practice expenses and accounts and the proper administration thereof, including the property management company portfolio.
- Liaison between the practice and the practice billing company.
- To obtain required authorisations for clinical procedures.
- To assist the doctor in the compilation & completion of medical administrative responsibilities relating to his field of specialisation, including the administration of any regulatory/statutory/professional bodies to which he belongs.
- Drafting of medical prescriptions.
- Hospital case management liaison.
- Patient liaison on any clinical matters.
- Maintain a list of office consumable items, ensuring sufficient stock on hand at all times and to order stock efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Ability to administer the switchboard as required when the incumbent is on leave/away/ill.
- Any ad-hoc duties, roles & responsibilities as required in the position.
To apply for this job please visit clshr.simplify.hr.