Cape Herb & Spice
The graduate food technologist will be required to work on a wide range of tasks within the quality assurance department, assisting the other Food Technologists to ensure that the system in place is in accordance with BRCGS requirements.
This role will include implementation and update of systems.
- Deadlines of tasks must be met.
- Implementation of BRCGS in the organization and on-going updates of procedures in the company to allow for on-going BRCGS certification.
Some Key Functional Areas that the Graduate would have exposure to (amongst others):
- Non-conformance Investigations / Communications
- Environmental testing + Allergen Swabbing
- Review testing results against specification
- QC Verifications
- Glass and Hard plastic trending
- Customer service: Customer complaints, COAs/COCs, shelf-life extensions,
- GMP audits & day to day monitoring of GMP practices in the factory
- Product/ Raw Material Tastings
- Providing Operational support when needed
- Review and update procedures
- Other: Training, Staff engagement meetings, Traceability studies, mock recalls, mass balances, consumable ordering, requesting on-going supplier approval documentation
- The graduate food technologist will be required to work on a wide range of tasks within the quality assurance department, assisting the other Food Technologists to ensure that the system in place is in accordance with BRCGS requirements. This role will include implementation and update of systems.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (excel, word, outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in particular in English). Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Accurate and concise in work to ensure that information provided to others is accurate and clearly understandable
- Good research skills
- Strong administrative skills
Required Prior Learning/ Experience
- Tech/ Advanced Diploma in Food Consumer Sciences, B.Tech / Advanced Diploma Food Technology/ B. Sc Food Science / B. Sc Biotechnology or other relevant science related degree. Copies of qualifications must be submitted with a CV
- Minimum 0 – 1 years relevant industry experience
- Prior training / experience in internal auditing, HACCP, BRCGS standard will put a candidate at an advantage.
- Proficient in working in Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word)
- Time Management Skills
- Detailed orientated
- Highly organized
- Systematic way of thinking
- Positive attitude and self-motivated / proactive
Please email Mary-Rose Wrigley your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and track record. Email address: [email protected]
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date for applications, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
To apply for this job please visit capeherb.simplify.hr.