|DIRECTOR: GOVERNANCE AND REGULATION FOR RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (RPD)|
The Government of South Africa is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fulfill the pivotal role of Director: Governance and Regulation for Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPD). This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference and contribute to the empowerment and inclusion of persons with disabilities in our society.
To apply for this position, please complete the Z83 application form. The form can be downloaded from the following link:
- Job Title: Director: Governance and Regulation for Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPD)
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Salary: Competitive, based on qualifications and experience (currency in rands: ZAR)
- Location: Pretoria, South Africa
As the Director: Governance and Regulation for Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPD), your main responsibility will be to ensure effective governance and regulation for the rights of persons with disabilities in South Africa. You will play a key role in developing and implementing policies, strategies, and programs that promote inclusivity and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Develop and implement policies, legislation, and regulations to protect and promote the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of disability-related policies and programs across various sectors.
- Facilitate collaboration between government departments, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders to ensure comprehensive support and empowerment for persons with disabilities.
- Conduct research and analysis on disability issues, trends, and best practices to inform policy development and decision-making.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to ensure effective governance and regulation for persons with disabilities.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social sciences, law, public administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in disability-related policy development, governance, or regulation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of disability rights legislation and international best practices.
- Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to gather and interpret complex information.
- Exceptional leadership and management abilities, with a track record of driving organizational change and achieving results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
To apply for the position of Director: Governance and Regulation for Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPD), please complete the Z83 application form. The form can be downloaded from the following link:
Please submit the completed application form, together with a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications, to the following address:
Government Recruitment Centre
P.O. Box 1234
Closing Date: 31 December 2022