Sandvik Mining invites unemployed youth to apply for Business Admin Learnerships at the Company.
Follow established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective support to an office, business
unit, department or other organization group.
ALSO READ: DR NKOSAZANA DLAMINI ZUMA MUNICIPALITY FIRE FIGHTER INTERNSHIPS 2023/2024
- Perform routine administrative activities according to the organization’s established procedures.
- Enter information accurately into documents such as reports, presentations or forms; and office systems such
as databases or spreadsheets.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late
deliveries, and other problems.
- Make standard calculations to accurately compile and report statistics.
- Respond to routine inquiries from external or internal sources about the organization, its activities, or
processes so callers/visitors are answered promptly and accurately.
- Governance and compliance regarding supplier sourcing and selection, supplier management throughout life
cycle, practical exposure to vetting and on-boarding of suppliers.
- Strategic sourcing – principles, methodology, BASE process, sustainability, practical exposure.
- Category management – category analysis and strategy determination – direct and indirect procurement,
- Supplier relationship management – basic principles and in practice.
- RF(x) processes – direct and indirect procurement – processes and methodology, practical exposure.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- TVET College Nated N5/N6 in Management Sciences
- Computer literacy
- Advanced Excel is an added advantage
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- English proficiency
Closing date: 14 October 2023
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers