Anglo American Learnership Programme. This opportunity is only available to candidates from the greater Rustenburg area as part of the RBMR Processor Academy Programme for 2023. The decision to obtain applicants from the greater Rustenburg area shows commitment from Anglo-American Platinum in supporting the current communities in which our operations function.
Job Type: Learnership
- Manual operation of equipment, which includes operating of valves, manual sampling as well as stopping the operation if working conditions are unsafe
- Support team members if they require assistance
- Perform Safety inspections on plant and equipment
- Carry out basic operational procedures as required/directed and follow instructions from supervisors carefully
- Apply open two-way communication
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Adhere to and improved safety standards
- Participate in safety meetings
- Start and stop equipment where required
- Identify hazards and threats to the process proactively
- Complete data logging and reporting to standard
- Grade 12 – English, Mathematics and Physical Science with a minimum of 40% on each subject
Knowledge and Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to work on heights and in confined spaces
- A valid South African Driver’s License is beneficial
- Basic Computer literacy skills is beneficial
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must pass the relevant psychometric assessment
- Must be medically fit
Anglo American aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet? That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How do you apply
Closing Date: 05 September 2023